Elmo

HeyBub said (on or about) 09/04/2005 14:28:
stevie wrote:

There are probably many people that would have loved to move away
from NO or southern Louisiana; a lot of them probably knew that the
possibility of disaster was there.

But most poor people don't have a choice of where to live.

Eek! I'm in Texas. We've got almost a quarter million of them.

If, as you say, they didn't have the resources to leave, they won't have the
resources to go back!

Woe.

The poor you will have always with you. The Urban Poor from N.O. will feel
right at home in Houston. They'll rent places in the southeast and fit
right in.