Quddus

Default Makita 8433 Combi Cordless 14v or 18v

It seems to be taking ages for my replies to be updated on the message
board so it may seem like some information has been repeated.

Thank you all for your helpfull input. I'm glad this hasn't turned
into a brand issue as I spent quite a bit of time skimming over those
hot debates in previous posts.

I used the group to research the Makita 2450 and am still grinning
from the last time I used it! So I feel that any info gained from
current users of a product is much more valuable than the blurb used
to sell the products.

Nevertheless just for informations sake....

I have found out that the B&D torque and heres a comprison:

B&D 18v 280 in/lb 2.1kg
Makita 18v 400 in/lb 2.6kg
Makita 14v 340 in/lb 2.4kg

So it would seem that Richard was right and the volatge drop doesn't
really matter when it means upgrading to a trade grade drill infact in
this instance you actaully gain 60in/lb more !!!

Also the 18V makita would be half a bag of sugar heavier and with a
41% increase in torque I think it will be more than enough for
anything I would ever need.

I chose the 18V using the same logic as Andy mentioned - it did not cost
much extra, and there might be occasions where the extra power is handy.

Using the same logic 18v it is ....I think it's wallet out time!!!!

Thanks for all the info and help folks.