Andy Hall

Default New Electrical Regulations

On Tue, 19 Aug 2003 14:30:56 +0100, "IMM" wrote:

Get real!!!! On crime/juvenile
delinquency. It is blamed
on not having a stable home base
as the parents are out at work.

Quite possibly.

Most certainly in 90% plus of cases.

I'm not sure how you can put a number on a societal issue like this.

Only 7% of households have the mother
at home all day. Ever thought why? The parents
are out trying to pay a hefty mortgage because
the land amounts to 2/3 of the value of the
tiny roof over their heads.

That may be one factor.

it is THE major factor!!!!

... or on that.

Another is that women, not unreasonably,
want to pursue a career.

How many? Get real mate. The vast majority of women are not career women,
they want to be old fashioned mums at home.

I'm completely real. Virtually all women that I know view both their
careers and childraising importantly, as do most men.

The issue of major importance is day and after school care, but this
is not a financial one from their perspective but availability.

There are amazing detrimental
knock on effects of creating an
artificial land shortage.

Why don't you
ever think.

I do,

Not enough and not deep enough and not lateral enough.

Remember that I am the one with the university education.....

The biggest problem we have in the UK is the land problem. It cascades into
a multitude of sins. Free up the land and planning system and we all
benefit. That is YOU too.

It would be possible to construct an argument in the direction of
almost any hobby horse you like by selective use of information.

After all, a cow is a quadruped, so all four legged animals must be
cows.....

I don't have the same angst or enthusiasm regarding land
redistribution as you do

..andy

To email, substitute .nospam with .gl