Lurch

Default Makita 8433 Combi Cordless 14v or 18v

On 18 Jun 2004 16:11:33 -0700, (Quddus) strung
together this:

The specs on your drill say that it can actually drill up to 36mm
holes in wood!
I wonder if the drill can manage 40-45mm holes with a hole saw though.

I use it for just about everything! I've got a Makita 24V SDS, the
14.4V and a cheap £10 job for screwdriving. I hardly ever get the 110V
SDS out other than for core drilling. The 14.4V will do holes with
holesaws upto $2 in most materials from personal experience, wood
gives the battery a bit of hammer but it flies through metal.

I would probably use it 4-8 hours a day when on a project so with the
three batteries supplied this should not be a problem.

I've got three batteries and never run out. If I'm on a decent job
I'll just set the chargers up in a corner and that's about it.

I can't believe that parts are that cheap but maybe that is why the
original drill is the price it is. Btw where did you buy your parts
from or does it need some sort of servicing?

I sent it to a local place, Charlies Stores. They always astound me
with some of there prices but they keep all of my drills in tip-top
condition.

The drill has three modes, Hammer, drill and drive. What is the
difference between drill and drive as there is also a gearing control
so I am a bit confused here. Is this just a gimmick or something
really useful that I have not previously come across?

The hammer setting is unlimited torque with hammer.
The drill setting is normal drilling with unlimited torque.
The drive setting is normal drill\driving with whatever torque setting
you've got it on. Useful for screwdriving and holesawing.
--

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd