WillR

mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net wrote:
Actually, I'm not even sure if CAD software is the correct terminology =

for woodwork planning. Back on my last job, the mechanical engineers=20
used CAD packages to draw all sorts of 3D pictures. These packages=20
could get amazingly powerful ... with amazingly high prices too!
=20
I'm just looking for something that would allow me to draw generic=20
pictures showing relative thickness of boards, placement of screws or=20
dowels or joint types, etc.
=20
Now, I happen to have (purchased via Internet) Pat's plans for a really=

=20
nice fence. The pictures in his download file are far more elaborate=20
than I would need (albeit really nice!).
=20
Anyway, I'd appreciate any suggestions for looking at various software =

packages. I'm profient at CorelDraw, PowerPoint and others like that. =

But they don't make construction drawings any easier.
=20
Thanks!
=20
Jack
=20

TurboCAD at the least if you can afford it -- professional version is=20
much better....

http://turbocad.com/

Use professional as the benchmark when looking at other programs...

It looks to me like one of the few good ones at a low price.

See this synopsis.

http://www.woodbin.com/docs/cad.htm

--=20
Will R.
Jewel Boxes and Wood Art
http://woodwork.pmccl.com
The power of accurate observation is commonly called cynicism by those=20
who have not got it.=94 George Bernard Shaw