mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net

Okay, forget that I used the acronym CAD.

Do you know of any easy "drawing package" that I could use for designing
projects in my woodshop?

Jack

Leon wrote:

"mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" wrote
in message ...

Actually, I'm not even sure if CAD software is the correct terminology for
woodwork planning. Back on my last job, the mechanical engineers used CAD
packages to draw all sorts of 3D pictures. These packages could get
amazingly powerful ... with amazingly high prices too!

I'm just looking for something that would allow me to draw generic
pictures showing relative thickness of boards, placement of screws or
dowels or joint types, etc.

Now, I happen to have (purchased via Internet) Pat's plans for a really
nice fence. The pictures in his download file are far more elaborate than
I would need (albeit really nice!).

Anyway, I'd appreciate any suggestions for looking at various software
packages. I'm profient at CorelDraw, PowerPoint and others like that. But
they don't make construction drawings any easier.

Welllllll No CAD program is easy if you have no drafting experience or CAD
experience. You have to know how to draw first, read that as drafting
training, and then the CAD programs will seem easier. I had formal drafting
training in the early 70's and just in the last 8 years have found a CAD
program that I like. AutoCAD.