Lee DeRaud

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 15:25:38 GMT, "Chuck"
wrote:

You should definitely check out the Ryobi BT3100. It is very accurate and
easy to use, and it comes with a sliding miter table and a Freud blade
standard.

A lot of people like to poo-poo this saw because it is made by Ryobi and it
has an aluminum top. The people who gripe about the saw, however, are the
ones who have never used one. I've had mine for a year now and have put it
through some pretty tough projects with no complaints. It is probably not a
saw you want to throw in the back of the truck and haul around, but with
reasonable care it is really pretty durable.

Plus, the BT3100 is the only table saw I'm aware of that has an entire web
site dedicated to it. Check out www.BT3Central.com

Dollar for dollar I don't think there is any saw that compares to the
BT3100. I shopped around quite a bit and came to the conclusion that I'd
have to spend $700 to get a saw equivalent to the Ryobi, which retails for
$300.

Definitely a contender, but budget $400 for it: it's also not a bad
idea to spend the extra $100 for the accessory kit, which has the
miter slot add-on table, some zero-clearance throat plates, and the
rest of the hardware required to make the router table operational.
(FYI, accessory kit is SKU 592438 at Home Depot.)

Lee