Morris Dovey

(in
) said:

| When I cut a board, the Stanley operates smoothly. The same board in
| the Millers Falls (this is the newly sharpened blade) requires a
| lot of effort and is very jerky, in short, a pain to use. I've
| looked at the teeth on both. They are both 11 points to the inch.
| The set appears to be the same on both blades.
|
| Can anyone here offer any advice as to what the problem is? I'm
| really thinking that there is something subtle in the sharpening
| that is causing the problem but I don't know what it might be.
| Before I go back to the sharpener I'd like to have some idea of
| what I'd like done different. Maybe the problem is in the boxes
| themselves?

It's been a really long time since I worked with a hand saw, much less
sharpened one; but I think I'd be tempted to check that the Millers
Falls blade doesn't need jointing. If the teeth are all the same
height, then I'd start looking at filing angles for non-uniformity.

--
Morris Dovey
DeSoto Solar