Ulysses

"Doug Miller" wrote in message
In article , Sherman

wrote:

What works best to clean corroded automobile battery terminals and
more importantly to prevent future corrosion?

Remove terminals from battery and clean thoroughly with a wire brush to

remove
all deposits and corrosion. Liberally coat all terminal and post surfaces

with
anti-oxidant compound (OxGard, found in the electrical department at most

home
centers and hardware stores, works great). Reassemble.

--
Regards,

I suggest you go to the auto parts store and get a battery terminal cleaner.
They are easier to use than a wire brush. As for the anti-oxidant stuff
they sell for inflated prices I have found that Vaseline works better.

I don't think I've ever read it anywhere but I suspect that the gooey stuff
that forms on top of storage batteries eventually will become conductive and
form a path between the terminals. This may only be my paranoia but I
always keep my battery tops clean just in case.