Bill

On Sun, 04 Sep 2005 , Dean Hoffman wrote:

There is a list here of the deadliest hurricanes that hit the U.S.
I wonder what Galveston looked like in 1900.
http://www.nhc.noaa.gov/gifs/table2.gif

Dean

http://www.digitalglobe.com/images/k...31_2005_dg.jpg

that has an overhead pic with flooding, really large file though

It is surprising how much stayed dry. I used to lived by the lake for
15 years, I would have been fine, it is land that was dredged from the
lake. Still, so many houses will need new guts, at least. Some
friends in older homes, the main level was up 6 to 8 feet. Many
friends are under water to the gutters. Really sad, but the pic made
me feel better, actually, except for the shear number of homes in
water. Not like the surge type damage in MS tho'.

Bill