James \Cubby\ Culbertson

"M.Burns" wrote in message
newsYBSe.1550$Zp.1444@lakeread04...
Looking for garage-quality cabinets that hang on a cleat or slat system,
so that I can reposition them or easily add new cabinets.
Anyone have or seen anything like this? (...that doesn't cost a small
fortune)
Have poked around the internet, but the little of what I've seen is pretty
vague on any details.
M.B.

Go buy your cabinets and some 1x4 (or 1x6, probably preferred and preferably
something harder than pine, poplar is pretty cheap).
Rip the 1x4 in half with the blade tilted 45 degrees (I'm assuming you have
a table saw or circular saw).
Cross cut one half of your 1x4 into the lengths needed to mount to the back
of the cabinet near the top.
The remaining piece of 1x4 gets attached to the wall to form your "rail".
Set it up so the 45 degree angles
lock together when the cabinet is hung. Make sense?
Cheers,
cc