Rich Heimlich

Default Adding a veneer to wooden kitchen table?

My parents have a wooden kitchen table that has a very durable white
veneer glued onto its surface. The nice finished wooden edges extend
out from the veneer and thus, the veneer only sits on the actual flat
area of the table.

I have a kitchen table that we really like and is fairly new but had
gotten some water damage from a leak we had to fix a year ago. I'm not
wondering if there's a way to add a veneer, after market, to such a
table and where I'd go to get it done. I called my local furniture
store and they said no way, that it had to be done at the factory.