Percival P. Cassidy

On 09/03/05 04:13 pm Don Bruder tossed the following ingredients into
the ever-growing pot of cybersoup:

There are probably many people that would have loved to move away from NO or
southern Louisiana; a lot of them probably knew that the possibility of
disaster was there.

But most poor people don't have a choice of where to live.

HORSE****!

No matter how rich or poor, we all (Err... well, there are *SOME*
unfortunate exceptions, but that's exactly what they a exceptions)
come equipped with two feet and can start walking and/or hitchhiking to
get someplace else. Don't even *TRY* to give me the bull**** "They were
too poor to leave" whine. The *ONLY* ones who can't leave anytime they
want to bad enough are those with broken bodies, and those under
restraint. (Thinking specifically of prison/jail inmates, though there
may be the rare "other reason for being restrained" types) Everybody
else, no matter how rich or poor, is free to come and go by whatever
method happens to work, whether that means a private jet, a luxury motor
home, a 20 year old, oil-belching Datsun clunker that calls making 35
MPH a damn fine run, a bicycle, or shank's mare.

Where were they going to go to? Oh yes! The feds or their state welfare
department would within five minutes have given them vouchers for a few
weeks' free accommodation at a motel, I suppose -- and bus tickets to
get there for the ones who were too ill to walk.

Dream on.

Perce