Michael Mcneil

"tinklemagoo" wrote in message

Do tap fibre washers always leak eventually?

Ok just replaced those dam fibre washers in the 2 kitchen sink taps and now
the bathroom basin hot tap also beginning to drip (Bathroom basin tap less
than year old).

From the fact that this is happening to a lot of your taps I'd say you
have fitted them badly somehow.

There are -or were last time I replaced some, two different types of
washer. one is for the hot tap and the other for the cold. And there are
a variety of sizes too.

What causes replacement washers to fail soon after fitting is worn old
taps wearing out the surface. They do suffer erosion over many years and
even brass can have a very sharp edge in those circumstances.

What can do it to taps just a few years old is detritus in the water.
Such regions are fairly rare these days.