Mary Fisher

"news.blueyonder.co.uk" wrote in message
news

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.com...
On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 20:07:47 GMT, Zipadee Doodar wrote:

Now, I had been minding my own business, so to speak, when this thug
attacked,

Hang on, you attacked it first by trying to crush it between your
trousers and thigh. It retaliated in the only way it could by
stinging, indeed that tactic worked (for a while).

BTW I don't blame you for killing that one but the wanton destruction
of a whole nest this late in the season is just silly.

Yes.

In your opinion !!.

Not opinion, fact.

2 weeks ago, we killed 8 in one day that had found their way into our
house.

Big Man!

My wife was also stung resulting in her arm swelling to twice it's normal
size due to an allergic reaction !.

That's a local reaction, not an allergy.

A few weeks
time an it'll be dead.

Ok, so you're suggesting we have to remain indoors for the next few weeks,
while these F*****s come and go as they please ?.

They're not capable of mating.

Until then we can't open our back door/patio door or venture into the
garden
?.

Of course you can. If you dispose of one nest there will still be very many
flying insects around. Many will be wasps from other nests.

And how come this nest has only just become a
"problem" it'll have been there since late spring...

What are you suggesting, that every late spring we should spend some time
hunting for wasps nests in order to ensure we find the "problem" as early
as
possible?.

It wasn't a problem until now - at least, you didn't notice the wasps so
didn't perceive it as a problem.

Anyway, don't wasps become more aggravated towards the end of their lives,
thus becoming more likely to attack ??.

No. That's men.

Mary