Mike Dodd

Robert wrote:
We bought our house 6 months ago and it has laminate flooring in one
room. It seems ok except.... it does not reach to the edge of the room
and stops short of the skirting boards. I can cover most of this with
a bit of beading. However down one edge it it as much an an inch or
more from the skirting and looks dreadful. Is there anything I can
fill the big gap with (I have heard car bodyfiller mentioned)? I can
then paint it approx the same colour as the laminate, add some edging
and maybe it will not look that bad...
--

Sounds like a hell of a bodge job. How big is the room?, would it be
feasible to replace the whole floor? (this might be easier than bodging

Failing that, have a look around and see if you can find a source for
the same laminate and buy a pack, cut enough into a strip (the rest of
each plank will have to be thrown) and fit this in place (being only 1
inch up against the wall you don't need to worry about strength so much
- so possible sand down the tongue to make this easier to fit, and glue
it in place.