Jim Douglas

Sometimes it's not the pickup rollers but the paper tray springs loose the
oomph! remove the tray, if you can and stretch those springs so they push
that paper UP

"Ryan Underwood" wrote in message
Hi,

I have several laser printers (TI Microlaser pro 600) and a pile of brand

new
consumables for said printers. The printers are unusable because the

pick-up
rollers for the upper and lower paper trays, in all of the printers,

either
misses the paper entirely or jams at the input. Otherwise, the printers

are in
fine condition and worked with no problems until they were retired.

Acetone is supposed to restore marginal rubber as a temporary fix, but

these
rollers are very difficult to access, so a temporary fix would be more

trouble
than it's worth.

I am having an unusual amount of trouble locating parts for these

printers.
TI/Genicom never replied to my email request. Fixyourownprinter.com

carries an
*exit* roller, but it just happens to be an exact equivalent to an exit

roller
that another manufacturer supplies. I can't find anyone who will sell me
pickup rollers. So if anyone knows of a supplier for this part, please

let me
know.

Another thought I had is that perhaps the rollers can be re-lined with

fresh
rubber in a generic fashion. But I don't know what such a process would

be
called, and am even more skeptical that it would be economical in single

digit
quantities. (I have six bad rollers in all.) However, if someone could
manufacture a replacement based on a few failed samples, I'm certain it

could
be stocked in quantity by at least one vendor.

I *hate* to throw these printers away especially with all the brand new

toner
that came with them. But if replacements for whatever rubber parts are in

it
are not available, I guess there's very little choice with any machine,

isn't
there?

A new corollary to the electrolytic capacitor axiom.