Default Two hand powered miter box saws

Recently I acquired two hand miter saws. The acquisitions were about a
month apart. The first is a Millers Falls. I got it all cleaned up and
I even had the saw professionally sharpened. The second is a Stanley.
I did not sharpen the Stanley saw. Both saws have the Disston trademark
on the brass bolts that hold the handles to the blades. The saws look
similar but are not interchangeable from miter box to miter box. The
saws are 26 inches long. The saw with the Stanley is not as wide as the
Millers Falls saw.

When I cut a board, the Stanley operates smoothly. The same board in
the Millers Falls (this is the newly sharpened blade) requires a lot of
effort and is very jerky, in short, a pain to use. I've looked at the
teeth on both. They are both 11 points to the inch. The set appears
to be the same on both blades.

Can anyone here offer any advice as to what the problem is? I'm really
thinking that there is something subtle in the sharpening that is
causing the problem but I don't know what it might be. Before I go
back to the sharpener I'd like to have some idea of what I'd like done
different. Maybe the problem is in the boxes themselves?