Edwin Pawlowski

"Hedley" wrote in message
More then 500$ for a "decent" table saw? Really? We're talking about a
project here and there, no production-type work, where a little extra
set-up time for each cut isn't that big a deal. Right?

Matter or opinion.

I thought the extra 200$ or so for an "entry level" conractor saw at the
500$ mark was for an upgraded fence system and bells/whistles to make the
work easier/faster.

No, they still have crappy fences at that price.

I'm also looking and have set 500$ for my budget. I need the saw to be
fairly easy in setting up, and fairly accurate.

The fence. Most important part of ease and accuracy. Get a good one.
Compare them, try one. Your money, your choice, but at your price level you
get a Chevy, for $200 more you get the UnifenceBeisemeyerCadillac.