BillyBob

"Hedley" wrote in message
More then 500$ for a "decent" table saw? Really? We're talking about a
project here and there, no production-type work, where a little extra

set-up
time for each cut isn't that big a deal.

Hey, just look at what's available. Its hard to find any kind of contractor
or jobsite table saw less than $550 (don't forget to include shipping cost).
Its not a question of comparing models. Its hard to find ANYTHING for $500
without going into the low end slimey junk category. Even the lowest end
Grizzley contractor saw is $550 with shipping. One possibility is the
hitachi contractor saw you see at some Home depot stores. I've heard lots of
questions about it but seen nothing posted from anyone who has bought one
and says it works well.

Why don't you research what you can find for $500 and post the models here
and ask for opinions on those models? I don't see anything.

Bob