Mike Hibbert

Set Square wrote:

nthng2snet wrote:

My extension will (hopefully) be 5.8 meters wide. For this I have
decided on 3 double french doors. I recently saw a smaller extension
where the rear opening onto the garden was completely open. I couldn't
ask them what type of doors they used and I didn't catch a glimpse of
what the doors looked like. So I am looking for a cost effective door
solution which will leave the extension open to the garden, as much as
possible, with as much glass as possible.

Do you envisage more or less *continuous* glass for the whole width - or are
you thinking of 3 separate double doors with brick pillars between? It is a
single storey extension, or is there a second storey above it - or might
there be in future?

If you want continuous glass and also need to support a second storey, you'd
better get a structural engineer on board PDQ! Your BCO will need to be
satisfied that it's not all going to collapse in a heap!
--
Cheers,
Set Square

I was looking for a supplier of folding sliding doors for an opening
between 4.5 to 5m, but the cost is exhaustive for supply and fix but
,hopefully, I have found an alternative approch which will result in
the desired effect, at the fraction of the cost. As for steels, the
supplier I use gave me the info on what weight and size ,FOC, for some
underground steel work ,which the BCO has approved, so theres no
problem there.

Out of interest, what was the alternative, we are looking to do
something similar for an opening of about 4m.

Cheers
Mike