Ed Sirett

Default Ariston or Vokera boiler?

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 12:43:10 +0100, Lurch wrote:

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004 09:35:51 +0100, "IMM" strung
together this:

It was quite clear. Minimum 86%. 86% and above are all condensers. I know
of no exclusions that permits a boiler of less than 86% to eliminate a
plume. If there is please let us know the details.

86% what? Apples, butterflies, useless content of replies?
--

I presume the new Building Regs will (like most other BRs) only apply to
New Build.

Whilst (I presume) exact like for like replacement as a repair will still
be allowed? Of course there will be quite a few for who remain blissfully
unaware of the whole matter.

The net result will be the opposite of the intent of the
legislation. Where in some circumstances (probably only a small fraction
overall) a quality non-condensing boiler would have been the best
pragmatic compromise, instead they will be forced to stick with a much older
and even more inefficient design on a like for like replacement.

The FAQ for uk.diy is at www.diyfaq.org.uk