Amun

"Sacramento Dave" wrote in message
m...

"Nick" wrote in message
ups.com...
I have a fiberglass or resin (I'm not certain which) shower pan and I
read a thread about deep cleaning it with CLR. It doesn's say anything
about fiberglass on the package. Is it safe?

Nick

IMO. CLR is about worthless for cleaning anything except your wallet. You
might try a marine supply they have cleaners for fiberglass ( check west
marine online) Most of them I've used are abrasive more like a polishing
compound.Never tried on a shower pan. I actually taped the drain on a
fiberglass shower and poured bleach in it and let it sit, hardly did a
thing. It might take some trial and error but you would think there would

be
something that would work.

Have to agree with the previous post

CLR is laughable for anything I've ever seen anyone try it with.
You can buy generic muriatic acid for 1/4 the price that works 10 times as
well.

But I doubt you even need that for a shower base.

BTW what exactly is wrong with the base that you can't just use some dish
soap a brush and some elbow grease ?

Rust/mineral stains ?
My wife taught me a good way to get rust stains off things.
(she still is good for something so I let her stay around

sprinkle baking soda, then lemon juice, then a bit of scrubbing.

AMUN