ameijers

wrote in message
I dont understand this. Apparently they dont always put windows in
the attics in that area. I dont think I have ever seen a house
without one or more windows in the attic.

Never seen a hip roof? You must live in an older city (pre-1950s), and not
get out much. From the post-WWII era, right up until the modern drywall
McMansion era with multiple faux gables, hip roofs (at least on one-story
houses) were considered to make the house seem more low-slung and
modern-looking. Makes the attic space (if you can call trusses an attic)
harder to vent, but what the hell, it looks sleek.

aem sends...

aem sends...