Slurp

"Tim Smith" wrote in message
Hi

I need to trim the plinths that go under our kitchen units as they wont
fit with the new tiles in place.

With the plinths being the usual chipboard with a thin laminate coating, I
am trying to avoid chipping the laminate on the front edge.

Can anyone advise the best method ? If I had any spare, Id experiment
myself !

Im wondering whether cutting with the front side up or back side up is
better and whether it is preferable to use a hand saw rather than a jig
saw or table saw to minimise chipping ?

Thanks for any advise.

Tim

Best way to eliminate chipping altogether is to firstly mark your cut line,
then using a sharp stanley knife and straight edge cut through the laminate
along the line. Then cut using a jig or circular saw if you wish, but I
always use a nice sharp hand saw. Any chipping will stop at the knife cut
line. Then you can fine trim with a plane if you are not accurate enough!

Proper job!

Slurp