Mike Harrison

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 14:04:41 +0100, "Harry Bloomfield" wrote:

It happens that Mike Harrison formulated :
Figuring the seal was already gone so I had nothing to lose, I used a carbide
drill to make a 1.5mm
hole in the glass at the bottom corner from the inside, and drained the pool
of water out, and used
some thin tubing to syphon below the level of the hole, however the
condensation is still there.

I would not expect you would be able to get away with no water staining
on the inside, however I would suggest....

Drill more holes both top and bottom to encourage air circulation -
then when it appears to be as dry as it is going to get, direct a fan
heater onto the inside panel then finally reseal it up.

Well before resorting to that, I have come up with a plan....
I've drilled another hole in the opposite corner.
I'll attach some tubing to each hole, and circulate the air through a container of freshly-baked
silica gel, using an aquarium air pump.

Will let you know if it works - may take some time though....!

Now the annoying thing is I KNOW I had an aquarium pump somewhere in the 'might come in useful
pile'....