RonB

"SonomaProducts.com" wrote in message
oups.com...
1. No, a slider will be less accurate. However, how acurate are you

looking for. If I am building furniture where I want real accuracy, I use
the table saw and a well tuned sled (Incra in my case).

Good point. Miter saws are best for trim and higher volume work where
fractional degree settings aren't as critical. Careful table saw settings
are the only way to get good miters for furniture, boxes, frames and other
precision projects.

Even with my table saw I nearly went nuts cutting the 22-1/2 degree miters
for an octogonal schoolhouse clock face. Did a prototype first (or maybe
two) and then the Walnut.

RonB

Attached Thumbnails
Best Compound Mitre saw-p-gif