Swingman

"BillyBob" wrote in message

I betcha every person
who brags about their 7518 in a table has spent at least $100 extra (over
and above the plate) to address height adjustment.

How much you wanna bet?

Some of us wooddorkers are masochistic bastids ... my stock 7518 has been
running for a few years, _exclusively_ in a router table. The lack of height
adjustment has never been a problem for me (as long as the 'dedicated' set
of waterpump pliers for the router table hasn't been relocated by the same
bastid that moved my cheese).

That is because of the *#*%^#ing large wing nut that loosens (if you're
lucky) the body from the housing when the tool gets hot ... which is
whenever it's used.

There was a fix using a bicycle seat adjustment clamp, but I never got
around to doing that either. Somehow the $$ always seem better spent on
little things, like wood, or college tuition.

The 7518 may lack refinements, but it is hell for stout, unlike many of the
more recent entries with plastic parts, and was the first BIG kahauna to
come down the pike, IIRC ... I've never regretted owning the beast despite
it lack of height adjustment.

--
www.e-woodshop.net
Last update: 8/29/05