Default Trinitron Monitor Broken - Made Clicking Noises, Now Broken

I've had a Viewsonic PF790 CRT monitor for about five years
now--beautiful thing. Trinitron tube. Great picture quality.

About a week ago, it started to flicker once or twice every few
minutes, making a clicking noise each time. The interval between
flickers grew shorter until it became nonstop, and the picture
disappeared.

Ever since then, every time I turn it on, I get no picture at all, but
I hear a constant grinding noise that sounds like it's coming from the
bottom of the monitor chassis.

Anyone have any suggestions? I can't find a CRT on the market with
even remotely comparable picture quality.

Thanks in advance,

Mike