Prometheus

On 1 Sep 2005 05:00:01 -0700, "ROYNEU" wrote:

I wanted to find out how many of you are using rasps, files and chisels
to shape wood in projects? In the past I've used these tools
extensively. But they were not my own.

Check, check, and check. All essential tools for me when doing finish
carpentry, and the chisels get used quite a lot for rough framing as
well when cuting an inside corner.

The second part of this topic is: What companies would you suggest that
I might buy very good quality for my tool box?

For a tool box? Make one- buying them is for mechanics. If you run
out of space and need something quick, just get a bucket boss until
you can make another one.

I've been remembering the wonderfully rounded shapes I use to create
and want to do more. Also, the ease of removing wood. The feel and
sound of the rasp wisping through the wood.

I like the four in hand rasp, myself- you've got a curved and flat
rasp, and a curved and flat finer file all on the same tool. Fits
nicely in a back pocket or apron as well.

I know you Neander Types can help me. No, this does not mean I am
completely going to the other side. Beside you do not easily slide back
down the slippery slope when you have so much heavy iron holding you up
on top of the hill.

No reason to have to choose one or the other, IMO. Sometimes
handtools just work better for some things.