Jerry Built

Default Broken D/G unit in aluminium door - how to replace?

The door is an aluminuim 2-panel one. The bottom panel is broken.
The panels are bedded on rubber gaskets. The door looks as if it
comes apart, but a glazier I know said it can be replaced by
"slide and shuffle", without entirely dismantling the door,
prising out the gaskets and manipulating the pane. Does anyone
know anything about this? It seems unlikely to me that this can
be done, considering that the glazing unit is both taller and
wider than the aperture. The glazier is busy, hence I'm wondering
whether I can do it.

J.B.