Ed Sirett

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 09:14:38 -0700, Matt Beard wrote:

Ed Sirett wrote:
On Tue, 30 Aug 2005 01:32:45 -0700, Matt Beard wrote:

At a guess I would think that most would cope fine as long as that pipe
used to short the circuit had a radiator in it. I would think that
nasty things could happen if it is just a short bit of pipe - it
wouldn't take much for the boiler firing the heating circuit up to lead
to superheated water ( 100C).

What boiler is it?

I'd check with the manufacturers, (of course).

To be on the safe side a couple of
temporary connections to a temporary radiator should probably do the
trick.

I'd be careful if I were you - I gave an almost identical answer and got
right royally jumped on for giving an answer that was not 100% copper
bottomed guaranteed to be correct.

I have run a (Vaillant) combi without the rads for a day, just using the
flow/return isolators shutoff. This allowed me to get the customer's hot
water back on at the end of the first day's work.

I was very careful to make sure that the air was well out of the boiler,
it was considerable noiser as there was no where for the small air
bubble to escape to.

If anyone does this and they damage their nice new boiler then it's
nothing to do with me.