lgb

In article , "mywebaccts (at)
PLUGcomcast.net" "mywebaccts (at) PLUGcomcast.net" says...
Anyway, Dad said that twice in his life, he had a craftsman tool break
and got them replaced as per their guarantee. Not bad, huh?

I had an old (20+ years) steel carpenters square (with rafter tables)
that had gotten warped and I couldn't get it fixed to lay straight. I
took it back and their current steel square didn't have the rafter
tables. So they gave me a solid brass one that did!

I agree that their power stuff is chancy. And I'm not impressed with
most of the hand woodworking tools (chisels, files, planes, etc.). But
for hand mechanics tools they're hard to beat.

I did note the last time I bought a Craftsman garden pruner, the text
said that the free replacement didn't apply to the blade part. I don't
know if they're reducing the warranty on other tools as well or not.

--
BNSF = Build Now, Seep Forever