Martin H. Eastburn

That is good information - a bit odd - per this or that spec. and only those two.
Hum.

Since I moved, so many of my documents or notes have found a place - but just where.
The computer is here - the mind isn't.

I think the 5 audits on year 2005 by the IRS in the last 6 months has just about
burned my short and some long memory.

Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life

Pete Keillor wrote:
On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 22:44:11 -0500, "Martin H. Eastburn"
wrote:

I can't find my chart, but 700 seems way to high. IIRC it is in the 4's or 5's.
I did all of mine in the B-BQ then vacusealed. Some broke, but a new oven is
in the works once I get my surface grinders up and running.

I have some nice small burner size cal-rods - electric stove - and likely I can
figure out something nice for one or both I have. I can buy more...

Martin
Martin Eastburn
NRA LOH, NRA Life

OK Martin, you made me go look.
http://www.lincolnelectric.com/knowl...nt/storing.asp

Christopher, look at the recommended open times from hermetically
sealed. When I say hygroscopic, I mean they'll pick up enough water
from your house to be a problem pretty quickly. Gunner may get away
with longer because he lives in the high desert.

Pete Keillor

Christopher Tidy wrote:

Pete Keillor wrote:

On Thu, 1 Sep 2005 05:26:13 +0000 (UTC), Christopher Tidy
wrote:

Grant Erwin wrote:

Most 7018 should be run DCEP, however there is 7018 made for AC but
it doesn't look like you have that kind. I think your problem may be
elsewhere as well, but it surely is also that your machine is AC.

Where do you live? I have a nice little AC/DC buzzbox I can let go
dirt cheap.

GWE

England I'm afraid - I think the shipping would be a bit high! Thanks
for the offer, though.

Chris

Your rod might be wet. 7018 requires storage in an oven, with
reheating to 700 F or something like that to dry it out. The flux is
hygroscopic, and if it gets wet flakes off and welds like crap. It
also has to be bone dry to be low hydrogen.

Sounds just like the problem. The flux does flake off and they do weld
like crap. Although these rods are currently stored in the house, I
don't know their history. They might have got damp at some point.

Chris