Jerry Foster

"Ol' Duffer" wrote in message
Wanted: 1-1/16" x 11-1/2 TPI Thread Cutting Die.
Or if you prefer decimals, 1.0625" x 11.5 TPI.
Or it might be expressed as 3/4" - 11-1/2 NPS.
Or simply GHT (garden hose thread).

I've been unable to find anything in catalogs or on
the internet, yet garden hose fittings exist by the
millions. What are the makers using?

I made an adapter for flushing the cooling system on my pickup, cutting the
threads on my lathe. Remember that hose threads do not seal. The seal
comes from the rubber gasket. Therefore, the hose threads can be kind of
sloppy and still work just fine. Actually, since a lot of hose threads are
stamped, not machined, they have to be a little sloppy...

Jerry