habbi

I have both speeds, I tried it today and at the high pto speed and the 2 :1
gearbox it seemed slow. Tractor 2000, PTO ~1000 blade ~500rpm.
"RoyJ" wrote in message
nk.net...
Which PTO speed do you have (540 or 1050)? Suspect that your shaft
speed will be too slow even with the higher speed PTO

habbi wrote:
I am building a saw bench for firewood that runs off my tractor's PTO.

What
is the ideal cutting speed for the blade, it is 29" in dia. My gearbox

(on
the saw bench) is 2:1 and I was going to use 1:1 for the gearbox to

spindle
sheaves. So basically my blade will be 1/2 the speed of my pto. Is this

good
or should I alter the sheaves ratio.