Harold and Susan Vordos

"Ignoramus29984" wrote in message
.. .
snip

Hm, okay, so I should true the wheel with a diamond tool, and then
dress it with a star tool?

That's one way to go---a diamond is far superior to a star dresser in that
it will easily cut the wheel, rounding it out without removing anything but
the highs. A star dresser is hard to manipulate such that it does the same
thing, although it can accomplish the task. The alternative is to use the
diamond, then a dressing stick. Once you get the wheel dressed with a
diamond and try to use it, you'll see that it cuts hot and slowly-especially
when compared to a wheel that has been dressed by a star dresser. All of
this will come together when you start using the wheel.

Each of us end up doing what works best for us under our own circumstances.
It's not a "one-size-fits-all" kind of thing. The guy using his grinder
for sharpening tool bits faces way different issues than does the guy that
uses his grinder in a weld shop, for example.

Harold