Bob Chilcoat

Default Salvaged Spa Pumps

I picked up a couple of Waterway spa pumps (they say 5 hp on them, one is
two-speed). The pumps are fine, but the motor front bearings seem to be
worn out. I can't get the pumps off the motor shaft to replace the
bearings, but I can cut up the pumps and salvage the motors that way. These
are A. O. Smith, 220 V, 1 ph, 12 amp, 3450 rpm, capacitor start motors
(metal content).

Some questions.

Any idea what I could get for these on Ebay "as is".

What would the motors alone be worth if I replace the bearings?

Would these motors be good as compressor motors?

Any idea how to get the pump impellers off the shaft, so that I can rebuild
them and sell them as complete units? The impeller seems to be pressed or
epoxyed onto the shaft, since there is no sign of a setscrew or key. No
exposed shaft inside the pump to apply a puller. I've tried levering off
one the pumps between the front housing and back of the pump, but nothing
moves.

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.