Mark

I'll watch for it in the 2005 Darwin Awards... /mark

Pete Keillor wrote:

On Fri, 02 Sep 2005 04:56:34 -0400, JohnM wrote:

Tim Williams wrote:

So me and a friend were chatting online about thermite.

I don't mean just any thermite. Apparently he has a bucket of rust lying in
wait. A *five gallon* bucket. The kind of weighty bucket that your health
insurance shudders to see you lifting with anything but your legs.

snip

Tim

P.S. Yes, video will be in supply if it comes to fruition!

--
Deep Fryer: a very philosophical monk.

Well, I sure want to see the video.. sounds impressive.

Wear your goggles..

John

Wear your aluminized quilted Nomex suit with the full hood and gold
foil face shield, metarsal guard boots, and stand back. I've been in
the same room with a graphite rod 2" dia. and 3' long at 2000 deg C,
and the radiant heat load was surprising. I was 10-12' away. The guy
pulling the broken rod from the furnace was wearing the above.

Pete Keillor