Too_Many_Tools

Like this....

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/hurricane...kxBHNlYwN0bQ--

New Orleans' top emergency management official called that effort a
"national disgrace" and questioned when reinforcements would actually
reach the increasingly lawless city.

About 15,000 to 20,000 people who had taken shelter at New Orleans
convention center grew ever more hostile after waiting for buses for
days amid the filth and the dead. Police Chief Eddie Compass said there
was such a crush around a squad of 88 officers that they retreated when
they went in to check out reports of assaults.

"We have individuals who are getting raped, we have individuals who are
getting beaten," Compass said. "Tourists are walking in that direction
and they are getting preyed upon."

Col. Henry Whitehorn, chief of the Louisiana State Police, said he
heard of numerous instances of New Orleans police officers - many of
whom from flooded areas - turning in their badges.

"They indicated that they had lost everything and didn't feel that it
was worth them going back to take fire from looters and losing their
lives," Whitehorn said.