Edwin Pawlowski

"Bill" wrote in message

-Phone or cell phone. Have it disconnected.

Careful here. Minimal phone is OK but what if the house is on fire or your
mate has a heart attack? I'd like to be connected with basic phone service.
There is frugal and there is stupid.

Also, if you are cutting cost because you are out of work, the prospective
employer needs to call you too.

-Trash collection. Discontinue service, take your trash to dump or
transfer
station yourself.

Maybe. We can put a bag of trash out for a dollar. A trip to the dump at
today's gas prices is probably $2. Of course either of these is cheaper
than the $300 for "subscription service" weekly pickup. This all varies
with each town, of course.

Electric space heater and heat just one room. Close off unused rooms.

I can heat my house with oil for less than the cost of electric to heat one
room. This will vary according to location. Check it out. Keep all rooms
above freezing as hte damage will be more than the potential fuel savings.