s--p--o--n--i--x

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 21:45:02 GMT, "david lang"
wrote:

Why have so many people on this NG got such a downer on WD40? The solvent
carrier in WD40 could catch fire true, but its gone in a few seconds and
there is no reason why it should clog anything up - quite the opposite, it
cleans things. I've used it on all sorts of locks for years and years and
never had the slightest trouble.

I don't have a downer on WD40, far from it I think it's great!

However, over many years of working on cars I have been advised never
to use any sort of liquid lubricant on ignition barrels. (A number of
car fires have started due to the ignition switch overheating.)

sponix