AlexW

The Natural Philosopher wrote:
Yekal wrote:

I am wanting to put a natural floor down over wet underfloor heating, I
originaly want york flagstone, but this is out of the budget, I have seen
advertised on the net indian sandstone which they say looks like york.
What I woul like to know, has anybody seen these and are they like
york?, is
it suitable for indoor use over underfloor heating?, basicaly is it worth
going for or should I go for something else? any suggestions around
£15 per
sqM, need approx. 46 sqM
Thanks

Yes, yes, yes,

But 15 a square is optimistic.

I reckon £50-100 a square, laid, sealed, grouted etc.

I paid about 23 a meter for raw mixed size flags, on a 50 sq meter
puyrcahse.

Ive used it outside, and teh stuff I used was possibly too thuick and
too uneven to yuse inside...YMMV. The material itself is very useable,
but think about stain stopping as well in a kitchen.

I have used inside and outside, and for copings too! It's great stuff,
last lot I got (last month) was £16+vat per m2 locally in cheshire
(15m2 purchase), its available a bit cheaper if you shop around, but
then the delivery may be more.

You really need to get the best stones for indoors and it will raise the
level of floor by min of 60mm so you're into new skirts and arcs etc.

It's difficult to get a straight edge at the wall so you may have to
live with gaps under the skirts or take the time to scribe them to the
floor.

For under floor heaitng I guess that you will need a full mortar bed
which means you'll be mixing a lot of mortar to lay them on.

They look good indoors, York-ish effect, we get positive comments from
visitors often. But seal well, esp in kitchen as TNP suggested - its
worth the effort. We missed a trick in one room and will be doing the
whole thing again!

HTH,

Alex