Patriarch

"TheNewGuy" wrote in
oups.com:

ceramic tile?

I just ordered one from Coastal Tool, and am eagerly looking forward to
it replacing my Skil jigsaw (won't go as far as to call it a POS, but
blade deflection is routine - not capable of precise cuts at all, esp.
in knotty or figured wood).

But I got to wondering if I could use it - w/ the proper blade - to cut
1/4" ceramic porcelain? What WOULD a proper blade be? And what would
be the right type of bit (material) to drill a starter hole for cutting
interior holes in a tile?

Thanks much,
Chris

What you want is a Fein Multimaster XL. THAT little rascal is made for
doing such things with precision and finesse. Carbide grout blade.

Or a DeWalt 4.5" low angle grinder with a continous grit dry diamond blade.
And a ShopVac to clean up the fine dust that WILL get into everything.

I really like my Bosch jigsaw, but I wouldn't want the dust from tile
cutting inside of it.

Wear a dust mask when cutting tile, unless you're using a wet saw.

Patriarch,
whose bathroom remodel, as of 1 pm today, is officially functional. Only
the mirror remains to be framed & hung.