rm

Default Sony TC-K611S capstan motor noise

Hi,

I have a 12-year old Sony TC-K611S tape deck that has hardly been used,
but the capstan motor has recently started making a noise when I turn
the unit on. I searched the web and found a German site that has
cataloged this problem, but one has to sign up to view the solution,
and the sign-up involves installing an ActiveX control which I don't
trust.

Is this something that can be easily fixed? Is it just a matter of
lubricating some gears or do I have to replace the motor? If you have a
PDF service manual for this deck, can you email it to me at
googlegroups at rmxco dot com?

Thanks in advance.