David

Clint wrote:

While it may be the design of the biscuit cutter, it very well may be caused
by the vaccuum. When you start pumping ~100cfm (my ShopVac claims 185 on
it, IIRC) through whatever ducts and ports are on the biscuit cutter, it may
whistle or howl a bit.

Clint

"David" wrote in message

J wrote:

"BillyBob" wrote in message
hlink.net...

"Never Enough Money" wrote in message
legroups.com...

Fein Turbo II is rated at 58 decibles. The Shop Vac "Quiet Deluxe 6.5
HP" is rated at 82 decibels.

The rule of thumb I know is that 3 decibles corresponds to a doubling.
Thus the Shop Vac Quiet Deluxe 6.5 HP is 24 decibels louder, or 3 db +
3 db + ... + 3 db (8 times), or 2x2x2x2x2x2x2x2 = 2 to the 8'th power =
256 times louder.

Is that correct? If so, holy moly!

Yes. Then there's always the challenge of whether to believe the
manufacturer's claims. 58 db is incredibly quiet, but that is what the

Fein

is known for.

Bob

I have the turboIII. It is bearable - unlike any other shopvac I've ever
used.
Though it does make the biscuit cutter howl when it is hooked up to it.

the noise from the BC is a function of the design of said BC; not the
fault of the vac.

Dave

Absolutely. My PC ROS is so noisy when hooked up to the Fein that I
wear ear protection.

Dave