Jeff Wisnia

snipped

The NIPSCO guy shut the water heater off for 20 minutes and checked the
meter. No gas was used. This weekend I'm going to shut it off for a
few hours and see if the meter moves.

While you're at it, tell everyone not to use any water during that time
and see if your water meter indicates any usage. (Just put the lid down
on the toilets and leave whatever's deposited there until you are done
with the measurement. G)

When I relight the water heater
I'm going to see how much it consumes over X amount of time in case
it's a leak after the shut off valve.

In the meantime, I'm open to any suggestions. If my natural gas bill
goes down, I might be able to fill my car up with the savings!

Thanks for reading this long post.

--
Jeffry Wisnia

(W1BSV + Brass Rat '57 EE)