Rock

Henslee's right.

One word of caution: make sure the DW fits after the tile's applied.
Most DWs are designed to be installed over (normal) ceramic tile, but
I've encountered extra-thick tile that will cause a problem. In this
case, a new DW should be purchased, installed and tested, and
tested, and tested....then the Piazza flooring be installed.

Also, Bosch DWs may be too tall to be installed over the tile.
Highly-rated Kenmore DWs are 1/2" short so will fit over most tile.

Also, I've had to replace a tile floor where the tile was installed
under the cabinets. It can be done, but it's truly painful to score
and break the tile at the edge of the cab. Remember, there's a recess
for the toe-kick. It can be done, but it added to my estimate, and to
the customer's cost.

Rock

On Sun, 10 Jul 2005 14:07:32 -0700, G Henslee
wrote:

Bill wrote:
I want to remodel my entire kitchen, including adding ceramic tile flooring.
Is it better to:

1) Remove all cabinets & appliances and tile the entire floor? Then replace
the cabinets & appliances over the new tile?

OR

2) Replace and fix all cabinets first, then only tile up to the cabinets?

Thanks.

99.9% of the time it's #2. At least it is in CA. All the rough work
gets done first incl. setting the cabs, then the tile follows. In the
event you replace the floor at a later time it's a much easier chore as
well. I recommend you tile under the dishwasher before it's installation.