Duane Bozarth

On Thu, 01 Sep 2005 07:19:59 -0500, Duane Bozarth
wrote:

how would you have any idea what may have fed on the bait then
flew/crawled off and died.

No dogs nor cats or other animals of note have been missing, primarily.

When I decide it is time to thin out the rodent population around my
house I use a live trap. Then you have the opportunity to see what you
are killing and let the "good guys" go.

Have at it...this is a farm, not a domestic residence. I've never seen
any evidence that any pet is the least interested nor has ever bothered
a container and no indication whatsoever that any "good guys" are,
either. As noted, I do use a modicum of common sense as to where they
are placed (as I would assume anyone using one would although I know
that seems to be a pretty rare commodity these days ).