C & M

Black algae is tenacious stuff - ask anyone who owns a pool. Even the stuff
that kills green algae works poorly on the black stuff. If you have a
friend with a pool ask them if they have an algaecide that you can use -
even the green algae killer is worth a try but the stuff for black algae is
what you want. In a pool you only use 2-4 oz per 10K gallons so you need
very little. Scrub everything that you can reach with this stuff because it
only takes a tiny bit of unseeable algae to seed a new crow. Be sure to
rinse thoroughly several times.
"Roy Fek" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hello,

I've recently discovered what appears to look like black algae/bacteria
growing in my Whirlpool refrigerator's water dispenser's reservoir. The
reservoir is clear coiled tubing located on the back of the inside of
the refrigerator.

The black stuff looks like "black algae" floating in the water when I
fill up a glass. I changed the frig. water filter last week and the
black stuff is still showing up. It seems to be growing/living in the
reservoir.

I know I can replace the reservoir with this kit, but will this prevent
the stuff from coming back?
http://www.repairclinic.com/0081.asp?RccPartID=827260

Can I flush out the system with a water/bleach solution to kill the
black stuff?

Any help is greatly appreciated,
Roy